Insurance for Professional and Student Members to cover Professional Indemnity, Public Liability & Product Liability risks
Provider: Balens Limited
Professional Member: Limit of indemnity £6,000,000 – annual premium £62
Student Member: Limit of indemnity £4,000,000 – annual premium £20
Option to add Personal Accident Cover for £11.20
- The Insurance Cover is £4,000,000 or £6,000,000 (limit of liability) per section any one claim, for an unlimited number of claims in the year, plus unlimited legal defence costs are covered in addition. There is no excess.
- The wide definition of insurance cover is clear and is not restricted to treatment only. This cover includes Medical Malpractice, Professional, Public and Products Liability (claims in this section do not reduce the amount covered for other sections of the policy as is normally the case in other policies). Products Liability is provided for unlimited sales to clients and for up to £30,000 of retail sales (sales to non-clients).
- This policy is on a Claims Occurring Basis, but with a unique difference. If you do not renew for any reason with Balens, automatically will be included Run-off cover for an unlimited period of time, meaning that if a claim was to be made years down the line after stopping your policy, you will always be covered for work you did within the insured period.
- An upgrade of cover will be included that protects you against the effects of inflation, and rising court awards. This cover is a pioneering hybrid offering the advantages of a claims occurrence policy with features normally only found on claims made policy, but with none of the disadvantages, particularly around the issue of discontinuing cover and possibly being uninsured later on if a claim is discovered. Many wordings give conditional “unlimited” or time restricted run-off cover if you cease the policy at any time.
- Teaching and Student Work cover
- Includes Libel and Slander cover
- All premiums include full malpractice retroactive cover for previously insured work performed
- Loss of Reputation expenses to help repair damage to your business in the event of a claim against you
- Breach of Intellectual Property, Client Confidentiality Protection cover
- Temporary Trips abroad are covered without a time limit (Please refer to the full policy wording for the conditions applicable)
- Loss of Documents cover included £50,000
- First Aid cover as well as Good Samaritan Acts
- Includes Disciplinary Hearings cover, plus Pre disciplinary hearing legal advice up to £1000
- Students can be covered for all work prior to qualification, subject to adequate supervision and safeguards
- A wide range of activities can be insured, as well as non-treatment related work and advice.
- Flexible underwriting to accommodate changes in your practice, fast turnaround of documents and queries.
- No additional charges for routine changes to cover or duplicate certificates.
- For full terms and conditions of cover please refer to the policy wording.
Also included is a separate Legal Protection Package underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (DAS) which covers Criminal Defence and other costs up to £100,000.
The cover includes the following features:
- The wide range of free 24-hour Advice lines, including Legal/Tax Advice, Counselling, and business support services are included. Corporates entities with employees require a different policy.
- Jury or Witness Service Compensation for lost income as a result of having to attend
- Defence of your legal rights involving Criminal Proceedings as well as Data Protection and another legislation cover, wrongful arrest, actions against you for unlawful discrimination etc.
- Negotiation and Representation (including accountant’s fees) in the event of an Inland Revenue partial or full enquiry. Some accountants have been known to charge over £90 for this.
- Business Assistance Helpline for emergencies involving your premises
- Disciplinary Hearings Defence and Legal Expenses if you lose your Statutory Licence to practice.